On the home page are available numbers that show the resources of the portal (metadata, services, datasets, institutions)
Metadata - total number of metadata of the geoportal registered in the metadata catalog;
Services - total number of standardized web services according to national and inspirational standard (such as WMS, WFS and other services) registered in the metadata catalog;
Datasets - all resources to be downloaded locally by the user (for example .zip, .shp, .pdf…) registered in the metadata catalog
Institutions - represents the number of NSDI entities according to the Law on NSDI
Web services downloaded from the NSDI geoportal (such as WMS, WFS) can be used within a variety of GIS client applications. GIS client applications have different specifics regarding the procedure and restrictions for using the web services.
It is important to note that the NSDI geoportal web services are standardized according to OGC specifications, protected from unauthorized access.
In this regard, as an example we will mention that within the GIS client application Esri ArcGIS, the use of protected web services according to OGC standards is supported by Esri ArcGIS version 10.4 and later.
If the user wants to access web services using Esri ArcGIS, there is a possibility to download a temporary version of Esri ArcGIS Pro which will have access to the most up-to-date software and the ability to use protected OGC services, including services from the NSDI geoportal.
Available on YouTube and GitHub.
- Detailed instruction for creating the metadata for dataset in the metadata editor of the NSDI Geoportal:
- Detailed guide for creating a metadata for a WFS download service in the NSDI Geoportal metadata editor
- Detailed guide for creating a metadata for WMS review service in the NSDI Geoportal metadata editor
- Detailed instruction for purchasing part of the open collection of spatial data by drawing a polygon that covers the area of interest
- Detailed instructions for purchasing by polygon from the open collection of spatial data by selecting the polygons that cover the area of interest.
- Detailed instructions for opening a downloaded WMS link in ArcMap after a successful purchase from the NSDI Geoportal.